Also known as software engineers or systems programmers, computer programmers are tasked with designing and creating software programs, integrating systems and software, training end-users, analyzing algorithms, modifying source-code, writing system instructions, debugging, and maintaining operating systems.
- Coding and debugging.
Designing and testing computer structures.
- Troubleshooting system errors.
- Writing computer instructions.
- Managing database systems.
- Maintaining operating systems.
- Editing source-code.
- Profiling and analyzing algorithms.
- Implementing build systems.
- Providing tech support.